The Pickle: You want the perfect gown for your beach wedding that won't drag in the sand, is light and flowy, won't give you a weird tan line and looks like a wedding gown rather than a cocktail dress.
The Solution: A short strapless gown. Your legs won't suffocate under the gown, your shoulders are free to enjoy the sun as you walk down the aisle and party away. And you can still enjoy that with gowns that look like wedding gowns. Here are my Top 5 Summer Beach Gowns:
5. Eugenia Couture #3508
Counting down, I start with my number five pick. I love the upper body lace work and the sash possibly could be one of a different color to match your wedding theme or you can add to it with a floral addition or a bow.
4. Sincerity Bridal 3600
I love the lace flowers throughout the skirt making it look like a gown and of course, the upper body lacework giving that perfect wedding look.
3. Destinations by Maggie Sottero RD1105
The gorgeous flowers on the torso area and the stripes at the bottom of skirt paired with the absolute lightness of the skirt puts this gorgeous Maggie Sottero at number 3. (That and I am in love with Maggie Sottero)
2. Sottero and Midgley Santorini
Now that I've announced my bias to my love for Maggie Sottero, This Sottero and Midgley gown earned its place at number two. It has a lot of similarities of number three, but the more intricate flowers and the sweetheart line of this one earned it a higher place in my book.
(PS, both 3 and 2 are available at full length for you brides looking for full length gowns!)
1. Exclusive Bridals by Allure Style 2401
It was hard not to put Maggie at number one for me, but the ruffles of the plunging sweet heart neckline won me over. That and take a look at the plunging back! This was the determining reason that put this gorgeous Allure gown at number one. Even better for avoiding tan lines and just sexy!
Which one of my picks would you choose for Number 1? Are you wearing a short gown for your wedding? Share links to your faves or comment about the ones I've picked! :-)
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

















My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






4 comments:
I'm in love with number 4!! I must say, I was never big on short wedding dresses until just recently. And now the idea of walking down a beach with the sand between your toes and the breeze gently blowing a knee-length ruffled skirt makes me swoon! Thanks for sharing, these are great picks.
I wasn't big on short dresses either but they are growing on me and hunting for my favorites just made me want to get one!
Love love love number 2!! I also have only recently started adoring shorter wedding dresses... these are all beautiful! xox
I have to agree with you on #1. It's go-horgeous. But the Maggie is #2 for me - I love love love it too!
Post a Comment