I was thinking about lately how I didn't care to preserve my bouquet simply because I knew as a military wife I would be moving a lot and I didn't want to have to worry about something so fragile. I have it preserved in photos.
I didn't preserve the top layer of my wedding cake because it wasn't even the cake I designed and ordered because the small town cake maker was not to be trusted. I hated the cake and wanted nothing to do with it.
One important thing to be sure to do is to preserve the dress, which now almost a year after the wedding I still have to do. I blame it on the fact that I am in Virginia while my dress is in Oklahoma with my parents. Of course, I only plan to have it preserved until I can afford to have the dress re-made into a shorter dress that I can wear again for a future anniversary vow renewal perhaps? (assuming the dress will still fit, lol)
![]() |
| Photos via Piperbella Photography |
Remember his marvelous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth. Psalms 105:5










My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






4 comments:
It took me almost a year as well to preserve my dress, but I'm so glad I did! :) I would love for my (future) daughter to wear it some day but who knows... I didn't preserve the top layer of our cake or my bouquet either. We actually don't know what ended up happening to our cake after we left the reception! Haha. Such is life. :)
Lol! That is what happened to me, we left and came back from the honeymoon and were like, oh yeah the cake and bouquet, what happened to those! My parents took them but we ended up tossing them. I'm glad to see that it is never too late to preserve the dress!
Who was the small town cake maker? Were they from Montgomery, AL? I'm wondering because someone referred me to Glenda Harrison for my cake and when I tried to Google her, no much popped up. But her name did appear on your page so I'm wondering if it's the same person.
Yes, Glenda Harrison was a Montgomery cake maker for a real wedding feature I had on the blog. I'm wondering if contacting VUE photography to get contact info on Catherine and David to see what they have to say of Glenda for their cake. :-)
Post a Comment