| Vera Wang Vera Lace Bouquet Dinnerware |
Who- the guests, income levels, for you and your groom
A registry is a great tool for your guests to shop for wedding gifts that you actually want or need. You will want to consider different income levels of your guests. You fresh out of college friend can't buy you fine china and your mother's rich client won't feel comfortable getting you plastic food storage. Another thing to consider, this is for you and your groom. You may never grill, but that grill set might be great for your groom.
What- different price level items, home, personal
After considering the income levels of your guests, be sure to register for items in all price level categories; cheap, affordable, expensive. Ex: plastic party tumblers, family set of silverware, Designer crystal toasting flutes. Think of items for your home and car but also items of interest to you. If you want to register for that Wii Fit, go ahead! Many stores and wedding sites provide printouts of items you can register for if you are stumped. (I never knew about a lemon zester until I looked at a list that my Bed Bath and Beyond suggested items list)
When- before sending bridal shower invites out
You may be getting people asking about your registry as soon as your engaged. I don't think it is ever too early to start the registry because it doesn't hurt anyone. However, I suggest you have a good amount of registry items in all price ranges at least by the time the bridal shower invites are out. You don't want guests checking out the registry to get your gift only to find 5 items.
Where- regular department store, fancy store, specialized store
Registering to too many places can be frustrating to keep up with. I suggest picking a general popular store (Macy's, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.) A nice store for those who want to get a special wedding gift (Williams Sonoma, Nieman Marcus, etc.) and maybe a specialized store (camping goods, electronic goods, etc.)
Why- easiest way to get gifts you actually want
Do you have to do a registry? No one is forcing you to, but it helps guests stress less about what to get you and if you have one already, and it keeps you from having to return too much because you should be getting what you asked for in the amount you asked for.
How- online, in store, on bridal shower invite, word of mouth
Register online, in store, whichever is more convenient for you. I say do both. I registered for items online but some of those items were online only. I didn't know this until people said they went to the store to get my gift and couldn't find it. I felt bad that it wasn't convenient for my guests wasting their time looking for an item that wasn't there. How to tell people about your registry? It can be printed on your bridal shower invite and you and your family can tell people about it as they ask you. Just do not put it on your wedding invite!
What stores are you going to register with? Got a unique one? I want to hear it!
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






2 comments:
Gosh, m frustrated and tired from my guest list..so much friends, hard to organize guest priorities:(
I'm using Zankyou cash wedding registry since my fiance and I already have our home and everything in it. This way we can get what we really want without being tacky and asking for cash.
Post a Comment