Here is my view on it. If it is a well behaved dog, why not? It would look so cute and can pose for pictures that will mean so much to you long after your furry friend is gone. If it is a crazy, yippy, not really potty trained dog, I say leave it at home. Nobody likes that and nobody wants annoyed guests. Why go through the embarrassment?
Also, you got to think about who will be watching the dog? Will the dog stay at the party the whole time? Who will pick up the mess if the dog poos? Certainly not you. And I'm not too sure that the people who care about you enough to watch the dog will appreciate playing dog sitter instead of enjoying the day.
I guess I would go for having my dog at the ceremony (as long as no barking is involved), for pictures, but then after that, I would leave the dog at home. It's time to party without worrying about the questions mentioned above. (Then again, I suppose it depends on the dog)
What are your views on pets at a wedding?
Are you going to do it for your wedding?
What are your answers for the questions mentioned above?
How would you feel about it as a guest at a wedding?
Do discuss!
What a man desires is unfailing love. - Proverbs 19:22a








My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






6 comments:
Great post, and something to think about! My friend had her dog only apart of the ceremony, it was really cute-he knew what was happening and was enamored! Instead of finding a sitter, why not puppy day care centers with cage free boarding? That way no muss no fuss, especially if the honeymoon follows, the pup is already in good hands! :)
My friends also had their dog in their wedding wearing a tux! It was cute and he ran around everywhere during the reception. They sure love that dog!
I think it's a great idea to involve pets in your wedding, they are loved ones too! But I agree with you on the whole maybe they should go home after the ceremony and pics, unless you have someone who will absolutely watch them without worry.
We originally wanted to have our dog walk down the aisle and be the ring bearer. However after thinking about it we really didn't want to put him through the stress of that. He is super well behaved but still, that may have been odd for him. Plus of course there was the worry of watching him and the "What If" he did something weird. We didn't want to distract people's focus from the whole point- us getting married! But we did compromise by including him in our couple photos that we did before the wedding. He got to go home and we didn't have to worry. Those pictures are by far some of our favorites and like you said, when he passes away we will be SO glad to have made that decision.
I love dogs!! Cute pictures. :) I agree that it depends on their behavior. My dogs are too spazzy so it would just stress me out to have them there, although I love them dearly. Maybe I'll do what Alicia did with the photos so they can be a part of something. :)
My friend had her dog at the wedding just because it is such a big part of their lives and everyone that would take care of the dog was going to be at the wedding. But the dog had a designated baby sitter (small co-dependant dog) the whole time and went to bed early with the guest. I am not sure what I will be doing for my wedding, I love my dogs, they are a big part of our lives BUT I don't think they will be IN my wedding. I don't think I have the heart to have a stranger take care of them, so they might be coming on the trip.
Post a Comment