God gives us blessings big and small, subtle and obvious. We just have to find them and recognize them! So here it is, the 3rd installment of 25 blessings of planning a wedding. (The first 3 come from fellow readers)
51. "Marrying my best friend and having my heart skip a beat every time he walks into the room or calls me on the phone!"
52. "A blessing from my wedding experience is that I landed a guy like my husband in the first place."
53. "EVERYONE came from interstate & my Aunt, who was undergoing chemo for brain tumour, drove 18 hrs to attend"
54. Seeing my groom's eyes water when he was saying vows.
55. Getting to exercise my creativity by finding creative ways to decorate my wedding.
56. Having my make-up done for me.
57. Feeling like a celebrity for a day with the photographer following me around.
58. Duty free shop. It's so fun!
59. Facebook. Honestly, this made is so easy to get a hold of people quickly.
60. How excited my dog was to see me after I got back from my honeymoon. I felt so loved!
61. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. As it got closer to the wedding day, going to the gym was not on my to-do list. But 20 minutes. I could do that.
62. Luggage with wheels. It is amazing how much luggage you bring for your honeymoon. Having no wheels is a thing of the past because it is so inconvenient!
63. Seeing the faces of people I didn't expect to come to the wedding. A lovely surprise.
64. Getting the passports in the mail. My ticket out of the country to paradise!
65. Buying my first dining room table ever. Thanks to several Target gift cards. No more eating on the couch like a college student. :)
66. Getting a video camera with our gift money. Something every new family should have. Kids or not.
67. Playing silly games with the girls on your bachelorette party. It always brings you back to your silly slumber parties with the girls.
68. Waking up to a clear face on your wedding day. Yes, I'm in the clear, no zits!
69. Reading through your guest book and finding sweet messages from people.
70. All the wedding cards. If you actually read them, a lot of them have really sweet quotes. I'm going to make a collage of my cards.
71. Butter cream frosting. My absolute favorite part of a cake!
72. I didn't realize my personal camera was passed around at the reception. The photos that were taken were priceless!
73. The fact that my camera actually got back to me and right before I left for the honeymoon to take pictures there.
74. 4 GB Memory Cards. You never want to run out of space and miss out on priceless photo ops.
75. After lighting our unity candle, we went down to hug our parents and our new parents. It was such a beautiful moment and made for perfect emotional photos.
Be sure to check out Part 1 and Part 2 of 100 Wedding Blessings!
Tell me what blessings you have found from your wedding planning experience or from your wedding day. I need to build the list with 25 more to complete the full 100!









My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment