Today marks the first day of Spring and I thought what better way to say good-bye to winter than with a snowy engagement shoot by Mindy Hiatt Photography.
When I read the love story and proposal story from this adorable Indiana University couple, I got teary eyed! What better way to celebrate God's love than to share this with you. The bride-to-be, Kim, did not want to leave anything out because it means so much to her, and I have no intention of keeping anything out. I loved every bit of it! So enjoy Kim and Brian's story and remember to always celebrate love!
We met in Bloomington, but it was the year after I had already graduated! I went back to visit some friends, who also happened to be mutual friends of Brian. One of the days that weekend, my friends had asked if I would be willing to help out an International student with a 'photo story' project for a class of hers. Little did I know, this project involved dressing up in ridiculous costumes, going around campus, and taking pictures that would tell a story. When I showed up at the apartment where I was meeting, I met Brian for the first time. I walked in the door, and he was standing there in his kitchen with a huge Native American headdress on and a mismatching tie and button up shirt. He had powdered sugar all over him, and was smiling for the camera as the photo story was already underway.
When I read the love story and proposal story from this adorable Indiana University couple, I got teary eyed! What better way to celebrate God's love than to share this with you. The bride-to-be, Kim, did not want to leave anything out because it means so much to her, and I have no intention of keeping anything out. I loved every bit of it! So enjoy Kim and Brian's story and remember to always celebrate love!
We met in Bloomington, but it was the year after I had already graduated! I went back to visit some friends, who also happened to be mutual friends of Brian. One of the days that weekend, my friends had asked if I would be willing to help out an International student with a 'photo story' project for a class of hers. Little did I know, this project involved dressing up in ridiculous costumes, going around campus, and taking pictures that would tell a story. When I showed up at the apartment where I was meeting, I met Brian for the first time. I walked in the door, and he was standing there in his kitchen with a huge Native American headdress on and a mismatching tie and button up shirt. He had powdered sugar all over him, and was smiling for the camera as the photo story was already underway.
Later that night, everyone got back together to play some games, and we started to talk. I had just moved to West Lafayette and was having a hard time finding a church there. Brian told me he was actually from Lafayette, and he got my phone number and email so he could send me some recommendations. We started just emailing each other back and forth, and slowly the emails turned into texts, and the texts turned into phone calls. By that spring, we were dating!
I was, and still am, completely blown away by the person that Brian is. He truly is everything that I was looking for plus so much more! We connected in a way that I had never experienced before- whether we were having significant conversations or just playing around at a park! As we continued to date, it became very obvious that he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with!
The day Brian proposed was so wonderful! I was down to visit him in Bloomington. When I arrived on Friday night, Brian was upset and told me that a plan he had for Saturday fell through; he had arranged for us to take a sunrise hot air balloon ride, but it had been cancelled last minute. He was disappointed and promised that we would go in the spring. Saturday was so beautiful though, that I didn't miss the trip at all! We got breakfast together at one of the places that we really enjoy. Then we walked to the Memorial Union at IU and took some mochas up to a special spot for us where we had some significant talks before about our relationship.
Once there, Brian told me he had something for me. He pulled out a small leather notebook, and began to read it to me. On each page was a date and an entry where Brian described something about me and my character and why he liked me. He told me he wanted me to know that his love for me was rooted in reality and experience. The dates in the book started from before we were dating, and the memories that he had recorded meant so much to me! Before he read the last page, he stopped, got down on his knee in front of me, and asked me to marry him. After a 'yes!' and lots of crying and hugging, he read to me the last page which had that Saturday's date and was about the proposal.
I was, and still am, completely blown away by the person that Brian is. He truly is everything that I was looking for plus so much more! We connected in a way that I had never experienced before- whether we were having significant conversations or just playing around at a park! As we continued to date, it became very obvious that he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with!
The day Brian proposed was so wonderful! I was down to visit him in Bloomington. When I arrived on Friday night, Brian was upset and told me that a plan he had for Saturday fell through; he had arranged for us to take a sunrise hot air balloon ride, but it had been cancelled last minute. He was disappointed and promised that we would go in the spring. Saturday was so beautiful though, that I didn't miss the trip at all! We got breakfast together at one of the places that we really enjoy. Then we walked to the Memorial Union at IU and took some mochas up to a special spot for us where we had some significant talks before about our relationship.
Once there, Brian told me he had something for me. He pulled out a small leather notebook, and began to read it to me. On each page was a date and an entry where Brian described something about me and my character and why he liked me. He told me he wanted me to know that his love for me was rooted in reality and experience. The dates in the book started from before we were dating, and the memories that he had recorded meant so much to me! Before he read the last page, he stopped, got down on his knee in front of me, and asked me to marry him. After a 'yes!' and lots of crying and hugging, he read to me the last page which had that Saturday's date and was about the proposal.
After that, he had arranged for some friends and his roommates to be at his house so we could all celebrate together. He had also arranged for my old roommates and friends around Indy to get together and have dinner as well. It was a day full of joy, love, and celebrating with the people that I am closest to- it was perfect!
Photographer: Mindy Hiatt Photography
Venue: Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Let all that you do be done in love - 1 Corinthians 16:14




















My name is Melina. Welcome to my blog where we get inspired by wedding pretties and moved by the Love of Christ. I write to share things that make me giddy and an outlet for us all to grow in our faith. Happy wedding planning and beyond! Check out my About page for more about me and the purpose for my blog :-)






1 comments:
Such a cute session :) xox
Post a Comment